Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Necklace for Grandma

As a handmade designer, I would of course have my stash of supplies at home. That also means family members have access to me. When I was living with my parents, my mom and sister had me make jewellery pieces for themselves and relatives. I didn't mind, as this gave me a chance to create new products and just have some beading fun. Some of these designs even ended up in my store. The one I made for my mom and mother-in-law for my wedding is currently for sale now! This is the latest design I made for my husband's grandmother in HK. 



I used 10mm dark grey Swarovski pearls and 8mm light grey Swarovski pearls. The two strands are then connected with three silver toned rhinestone connector. Made this in two hours one night after school. Because I already had a long day, I was cross-eyed by the end of the night. I'm very happy how it turned out. Even better than I originally planned.



I've entered this necklace in a contest by www.artbeads.com.  If you like, go vote for it during July 19-24. The winning design gets to be featured in their gallery.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...