Monday, August 30, 2010

God's amazing little creatures

One of God's amazing little creatures is the Monarch butterfly. They start off as tiny little eggs which hatch into tiny little caterpillars that are so small they could easily be missed if you don't know what you're looking for. All they do everyday is eat and poop, rest, then eat and poop some more. Several times a week, I go around town find the only plant they will eat: milkweed. Everyday I see my cat, I'm amazed by this little creature. He (not sure if it's a male but works for now) is so small and fragile yet, he knows exactly what he needs to do to survive.  There has been a couple of times where I've worried about him cause he hasn't eaten and has remained motionless for a long time. But in the end, the cat knows what he's doing cause God has ingrained in it a will to survive. I guess this is what it's like to be a mom. Constant worry of if your baby is eating enough, is he full, does he need more, ... I wonder if God worries about us? Probably not, since he is all knowing and knows what He's doing unlike us.

We are like these little cats sometimes. We eat and grow, and eat and grow. Not always knowing that God is there protecting us everyday and providing for our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...